Google

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I lost shoes and Hannan/Smith lost stick

Usually monday's the day after sunday, when people return to windowless office after a golden weekend to recover from weekend fun.

With Sharks' domination on ice and win on sunday evening's game, and all other Cinco de Mayo celebration, not to mention beautiful weather to enjoy, there were much to recover from on monday, and I slumped all day. Sleepy with headache that didn't get cured by espresso nor gym workout, nor work itself, I dragged my tired feet, cranky all day long.

Then, there was 'monk fish stew with bean sprouts(A-goo-jjim)' dinner that was like super spicy, super hot, and super super a lot (ready to feed like 7 people?), that finally woke me up at 5:30pm.

With my belly about to burst, eager to get to sharks tank on time, we rushed off from downtown SJ parking lot on San Pedro street, when my left thong lost balance, I tipped toward left, then the strap on my shoe broke lose. *Agh*, not when I'm in a hurry to get some latte and get to sharks tank early enough to see any pre-game activities...

Quick thinking Davem dragged me to nearby Walgreen, about 2 blocks down, and I got $5.99 slipper for the night. Ouch! How did I wear this when I was kid? How do people wear this slipper with strap hurting in between toe so much?
Heh, we were both in a hurry to get to sharks tank to join the rest of sharks buddies, and to get a glimps of players before the game started, so whatelse to do but to disrobe Davem of his somewhat-wet(???) socks and use it as buffer between my poor hurting feet and new pair of slipper.

All that got made up in the game. It was just exploding, endless entertainment, with Joe finally scoring his first post-season goal, as well as seeing Ville continue with his wicked checks, and Kyle's flying butt check, which made him fly off the ice for a few split seconds.

Two funniest things were a) Sharks on penalty kill for 5-3, where both Hannan and Smitty's stick broke and Kyle & Toskala were only ones on ice with a full stick in hand. OMG! I don't know how did those guys, Scott Hannan, Mark Smith and Kyle McLaren, pulled that 40seconds. I dearly wished I had a camcorder to capture the moment. another silly/funny moment would be b) Oilers players were all off ice as 3rd period ended, and refs decided there's still 3 seconds remaining in the game, after Sharky came out with the flag, audiences did all the screaming, Sharks player ready to celebrate, and hardly any Oilers player were on ice. All the Oilers player had to be brought back to ice for 3 seconds face-off, to be sent back to the lockerroom. How silly.

Anyways, it was highly entertaining, and I'm sure many are sorry not to go to Edmonton to watch the game. A funny line I picked up: Oilers -> Soilers, heh maybe because they're farming country? Someone had wrote that on paper used for rally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home