Google

Monday, June 19, 2006

invisialign baby babble

So i finally picked up my invisialign on friday.
(don't ask me to pronounce slashdot, i pronounce it swashi duh. oh! my)

A month or so ago when I went into dentist's office to pick it up, I found out that impression had imperfection and that there was no invisialign. Instead I spent 3hrs sitting in dentist's chair, almost ripping my mouth while Dr. Ganji tried to get impression mold of my upper & lower teeth, about 10-15 tries each.

Went in for 10min invisialign pickup actually turned into 45min, struggle to learn to put the container on and off my teeth, and Dr. Ganji putting some holder on teeth to keep the guard stay on. He told me to use sonic care to brush the guard, and the goal was to wear it 20hrs a day 7 days a week, for 2 weeks and go to next set of guard. For next year and half. Hmm...

Unlike braces I had to wear, that had metalic base station put on my crown and wires running through them, this is a clear plastic thing in shape of my teeth outline, plus a bit of bend here & there to mold my teeth to reshape.

I've been wearing it since friday 9am, with about average of 18hrs a day. Sort of annoying, and does hurt my teeth a little, as my teeth are being pulled according to the guards' shape.

So far it's ok. But I talk like a baby or a grandmother. I got picked up for carpool this morning, and half the time the lady who picked me up says 'What did you say?', 'Excuse me?'....

And, I forgot the guards container case at home. Eating lunch, taking out the guards, cleaning up the guards, and talking in the meeting,...,
fun, fun, fun....

And, I will have it for next 18months+.
Lucky me... *sigh*

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

Well, this is the price you have to pay to be socially acceptable here. Otherwise, this happens:
http://f.hatena.ne.jp/aine_anezaki/20050530172300
A charming smile, don't you think? Fine for Japan, no so fine for California (no idea about Korea).

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i'm sure its better than the conventional types which prove to be really inconvenient at times...by the way how much are they costing you and how does this compare to the other type

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger speattle said...

it's costing me some $3000 and I'm told my insurance does pay about half way up.

i've done conventional one, some 10 years ago.

it's less painful, in a sense that your inner mouth doesn't get cut by the braces, and you can take it off when eating.

you still talk like a baby, and feel like your mouth is bigger.

also 1st few days when applying new guard is a lot more irritable for teeth, every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home