Google

Monday, January 21, 2008

finally on skype. yet another IM to keep up with

I started with AIM, moved into YIM and tried MSN IM then on google talk. It certainly takes a good IM manager, to be logged on all of them, and to maintain the account. I've signed up for MSN IM a few times since the first AIM I got on in '98, work related. Ah, those pre-'98 days when I was oblivious of all these, and of ICQ and IRC.

I've not bee on AIM more than once two or three months, and not much on IRC either.

well, google talk isn't enough now I'll have to use skype, again for work related.

so I went to skype site and downloaded rpm for my FC 6, and of course the PGP key isn't verifying. looked up and followed the steps to add skype.repo and all. when it didn't work out, I had to download the binary, installed and now I'm running into trouble with dependency issue. libqt, libsigc, ...

some blogs say i should copy the libraries from previous version, 1.4.0.9x instead of 1.4.0.118. that looked aweful complicated, and skype didn't have older version available, anyways. instead I downloaded beta version, skype 2.0 and after the install, and after copying binary 'skype' to /usr/bin and copying 'sounds/' and 'avatars/' to 'usr/share/skype/', now I'm on skype. ready for next conference call.

skype on FC6 works, but still not as conveniently as if i was on mac or windows, not quite yet.

14 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Тhаnks foг thе marνelоus posting!
I cеrtainly еnjοyed reаding іt, you're a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back in the future. I want to encourage you to continue your great job, have a nice morning!

Feel free to surf to my site ... Sell House fast

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great mate. Good to hear you connect with it.

my website - attract women body language flirting

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very trouble-free to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this web site.

Have a look at my web-site: Eyelasticity Review

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent way of telling, and pleasant article to get information regarding my presentation topic, which i am going to present in school.


Feel free to surf to my web page :: causes of sleep disorders in infants

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You definitely know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what
you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Stop by my web-site - dr drum beat maker

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm extremely pleased to discover this post. I would like to thank you for creating this awesome article!! we certainly loved every a portion of it and I have your website saved to my favs so we can confirm out brand-new stuff.

Feel free to visit my weblog; money online

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i feel that i noticed you visited my site thus i came to return the
choose?.I'm attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to make use of some of your ideas!!

Look at my web-site; dermefface fx7

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

my web page ... TattooMeNow

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really we undoubtedly loved knowing it. This suggestions
provided by you is very practical for valid preparing.


Feel free to surf to my webpage :: day online

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy
on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
Did you hire out a developer to create your
theme? Outstanding work!

Look at my web site :: Skinception Eyelasticity

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due
to no back up. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

My page music production

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article
posted at this website is in fact fastidious.

Review my website: lose body fat

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I all the time emailed this web site post page to all my contacts, for the reason that if like to read it after
that my friends will too.

Take a look at my site :: Rosacea Relief
Serum (Http://Www.Tugranproyecto.Com)

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men and women should be given equal chances in work regardless of whether the job has been categorized for guys exclusive or not.


My web-site ... dating advice for guys over 40

 

Post a Comment

<< Home